Collagen, the secret ingredient!
You have likely heard of collagen for its skin beautifying abilities, but did you know about its health benefits? You see and hear about collagen in skincare products but it is used for so much more than just keeping your skin looking youthful.
Collagen is the single largest protein source in your body. It is necessary for the proper functioning of your cells, organs, muscles, and tissues. Collagen has several health benefits that include:
- Improves joint mobility & lubrication
- Promotes healthy cartilage & connective tissue
- Decreases skin dryness
- Improves skin’s hydration, firmness & elasticity
- Increases skin’s collagen content
- Reduces hyaluronidase, the enzyme that can make your skin age
- Supports cardiovascular health
- Promotes healthy hair, nails and gums
- Decreases inflammation throughout your body
What is Collagen?
This protein is the most abundant and the most vital protein for your body.
Collagen is everywhere in your body:
- 90% of your sclera (white of eye)
- 80% of your tendons
- 75% of your skin
- 60% of your cartilage
- 30% of your bones
It essentially functions as glue for your entire body.
It binds and supports the structure of your skin, muscle tissue, bones, and tendons. It basically acts as a support system similar to the idea of a net that holds the cells together. It is also responsible for sending out signals to reduce inflammation and repair damaged cells. Your body is designed to make its own collagen when it is given all the nutrients it needs.
However, this ability begins to decrease as you age. Around age 35, your collagen production begins to slow. Once you hit age 40, your collagen diminishes faster than your body can produce it. By age 60, over ½ of your body’s collagen will be gone.
How can you stimulate collagen production?
- You can eat more foods with collagen.
- Have regular skin treatments that stimulate collagen; our treatments we recommend are: red led light therapy, Chemical peels, gold micro infusion system, skin needling, radio Frequency, plasma fibroblast and Hifu.
- Active skincare products with epidermal growth factors, peptides, medical grade hyaluronic acid and Vitamin A in them.
- Cellular Gold Micro Infusion Treatment to infuse these products is the ultimate in collagen stimulation.